… Okay, stick with me.
I’m not talking about Mother Nature’s climate change here. That topic is for analysis by people who know far more than I do about the environment.
What I’m talking about is the climate of your team and the climate of your workplace.
I’m sure you have been a part of a program designed to improve the corporate culture at your workplace. Hours and hours of time, billions and billions of dollars, and dozens upon dozens of doughnuts have been consumed on corporate “culture” initiatives. Only to conclude that it’s hard to reshape an organization’s culture.
So we are not going to talk about culture as it’s probably outside of your control.
Let’s talk about something you can change… CLIMATE!
Leaders can always change the CLIMATE of their team.
As a leader, there is one critical, often overlooked step to take BEFORE reshaping the climate of the team…
Leaders must first be able to reshape and lead themselves.
How often have you told yourself that you were going to do something and then didn’t do it?
- “I’m going to start working out on Monday.”
- “I’m going to eat healthier.”
- “I’m not going to lose my temper.”
- “I’m going to take more time to read and take care of myself.”
- “I’m going to enjoy my in-laws over the holidays.”
Did you follow through?
Sometimes there is a tremendous outside impetus that tries to push you to do these things, like a health problem and supervisor or boss, a spouse or child… yet, you still can’t lead yourself to do it.
If you won’t follow your own leadership, how can you expect others to follow you?
Let’s make 2017 the year you learn how to lead YOURSELF better!!
Now back to impacting climate change…
Self-Leadership is the foundation of all leadership
…especially that of climate change.
If you can’t lead yourself, you can’t trust yourself, be honest with yourself, promote yourself, sell yourself, acknowledge and celebrate yourself. And, so how is it that you would expect others to want to follow you? Would you follow a leader who didn’t know, like, and trust themselves while demanding it from you?
Self-leadership is the key! It unlocks the door to amazing work climates. No skill, talent, knowledge, or experience has greater power to unleash our individual and collective human potential than the simple and benevolent practice of Self-Leadership.
What is self-leadership?
“The deliberate practice of developing and employing, within one’s self, the attributes of heart, soul, and mind that are required to achieve any worthy purpose.”
Self-Leadership is a skill. In fact, it is the most important skill that any leader, executive, or manager can learn as well as teach to their followers.
Here are the 6 foundational keys to self-leadership:
- Mindfulness – this is your ability to recognize that you have a choice. We always wish our followers would make better decisions and choices. Sometimes we even ask ourselves “What was I thinking?” Mindfulness helps us to answer that question.
- Mindset – is your willingness to make a choice. Sure, we sometimes know that we have a choice but we are unable – okay, unwilling – to make that choice because of a fixed mindset.
- Value Dynamics – is the natural laws of generating value. They are natural laws just like gravity and motion. It is based in mathematics and when you make decisions that are aligned with these laws your success will skyrocket.
- Valuing Habits – is the measurement of how you think and how you “talk” to yourself. Do you know which or your thinking perspectives are your best? Did you know that it’s possible to measure thinking?
- Purpose – is the reason that you are doing something. It has multiple components. The most overlooked is your personal purpose. Clarifying and creating your personal purpose is the key to self-leadership.
- Power – is your ability to make things happen. Do you believe the myth that knowledge is power? Knowledge is NOT power. Knowledge is potential power. You must have a plan of action to create value and use your knowledge and power for “good.”
Register for an upcoming FREE LIVE webinar where you will experience each of the 6 keys for yourself.
There are 2 dates and times to choose from!
Can’t make either one? Don’t worry.
All registrants will be sent a link to the replay.
Climate Change is man-made. By that, I again mean corporate and team climate change.
It all starts with YOU!
Start 2017 off on the right foot!!
GROW YOUR SELF-LEADERSHIP!
Join me for a free LIVE webinar on Dec 15 or Dec 16, 2016.
We'll talk about how to grow your self-leadership abilities and, in turn, grow your abilities to lead and influence others. You won't want to miss this!
Here's what one participant had to say...
“…This program is exceptionally well structured and Traci’s delivery is second to none. Her passion for value science, and helping others, shines through. I’ve been feeling stuck for a long time. The (MVP)2 framework has given me the confidence and tools to understand who I am, and where I want to be. It is definitely life changing.”
Mark Dettl The Phoenix Vision, LLC